Another Darwin not-for-profit has benefitted from the efficient delivery of a simple to manage web site. My goal is to deliver your web site on time and on budget, with minimum drama. Ongoing support is available at an affordable rate.
The Northern Territory Mental Health Coalition (NTMHC) is the peak body for community managed (NGO) mental health sector in the Northern Territory.The NTMHC has a network of around 200 individuals, organisations and stakeholders including a membership of about 35 organisations across the Northern Territory.
NTMHC engages and consults regularly with the NGO community mental health sector, its’ members and stakeholders through workshops, surveys, forums, one on one discussions, social media, events such as Mental Health Week promotion, phone and email contact.
The NTMHC legacy web site was created using Joomla – this was difficult to update and the backend was out of date which could lead to security breaches (hacking). There was concern about the current costs of hosting and support.
The new site was to be a simple basic design with functionality a key to the design. Staff needed to feel a sense of ownership of content and be able to update the site as required. Also, in order to quickly respond to issues in the media affecting their members, the NTMHC needed to be able to add news items and information as required.
- Site moved to Netgrrl web hosting platform
- WordPress Content Management System (CMS) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) enabling simple, secure online management of content.
- ability to take online payments for annual membership fees – this included the setting up of SSL and a payment gateway. Netgrrl was able to negotiate a special rate for not-for-profits.
- Online credit card payment facility underwritten by Westpac enabled in 48 hours from application.
- automation of the organisation’s mailing list and the ability to do a regular survey online
- training manual enabling staff to manage the site and pass on the information to other staff
Site brief was finalised in November 2015 for January 29, 2016 launch.
Site content was delivered to Netgrrl in January 2016 (due to Christmas break).
Site launched on January 28, 2016
Training manual delivered in February 2016.